I finished a painting! My first for 2014, though I started it quite a while ago.
Here is the piece in its entirety:
I started out painting several layers and shades of orange. After that was good and dry, I added masking fluid in the dot pattern on top of the orange paint. I then cautiously laid the grays and blues on top until I was satisfied, then peeled off the masking fluid to reveal the orange underneath.
I assumed I’d be working on it more after I did that, but I looked at it and thought, nope, this is exactly what I want. Then the name came to me in the form of a song, and that was that. I’d love to do one with the colors reversed, dark grey circles on a vivid orange plain.
The original is available on Etsy!