I’m working myself out of my little mental crisis, slowly but surely. I’ve been focusing on my art for the last three days–systematically going through that list of 66+ websites I mentioned before and determining which would be a good fit for me, thinking about a new artist’s statement, looking at a grant application, painting, sketching.
I’ve found a few good blogs that are new to me, and I’d like to share them with you:
- Betsy Lewis’ How to Build an Art Career in One Year – for career support
- Ken Robert’s blog Mildly Creative – for a quick intro, read his manifesto
- Patricia Ariel’s blog Mesmerized by the Sirens – I love to watch her gorgeous paintings come to life
- Daily Art Muse – because they condense the noise down to really cool stuff
- Empty Easel – a good source of art info, especially of the web variety
- Cory Huff’s The Abundant Artist – more career support, and local (to me) to boot!
- And due to sheer awesomeness: the Pancake Project – I especially like the Leggo my Eggo
I’m looking forward to reading them. If you have a blog you love (or a blog yourself (not necessarily art related!)) drop me a line in the comments.